HB – 75 (Heavy Duty Textured Coating)
An optimal blend of specially created acrylic binder and premium grade pigments combined with rheology modifiers and fillers, Argus HB – 75 is an acrylic high build wall coating. This provides a tough, waterproof, durable yet flexible film which can breathe. Argus HB – 75 is formulated to protect old and new painted or bare masonry walls for an infinite period of time. Ideally suited for exteriors of industrial, commercial and residential buildings.
HB – 75 is ideally suited for exterior application on render, brick, block, in site / pre cast concrete and plaster. It can also be applied on pebble dash surfaces.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
HB – 75 to be applied with roller / trowel. To get a softer texture, use our special rollers.
Apply HB – 75 coat on prepared surface with rollers using just enough hand pressure to attain a uniform soft texture and moving roller in one direction only.
For other designs as per roller designs, the method of use would be to trowel the material on prepared surface attaining a thickness of 300 – 400 microns.
Allow it to touch dry. After which the roller should be moved to attain the design. Move roller in one direction only and occasionally dip into water to provide lubrication.
Where second coat is recommended, follow the above precautions. However, move roller at right angles to the first coat. Recoat interval should not be done more than 8 – 10 hours between each coat. For normal application, only one coat is recommended.
Do not work when rain seems imminent. Do not add water and do not work below 5°C or extremely hot days. It may be necessary to dampen the surface before application.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Upon completion of the work, hands, tools, equipments etc. can be washed with mild soap and water.
Keep away from direct sunlight. Store in cool, dry place.
5 and 25 Kgs.
- Adhesion : Due to its excellent adhesive property to masonry surfaces, HB – 75 will not chip, flake or peel.
- Flexibility : HB – 75’s composition allows it to expand and contract with normal surface movement Even under extreme temperature variations, it remains flexible, even as it maintains its toughness.
- High build coating : With HB – 75, a high build coating is attained. This helps to hide surface blemishes, hairline cracks, while preserving the architectural features of the building. It also, protects the surface from atmospheric pollutants, thus making it extremely durable.
- Resistance : HB – 75’s formula creates a tough barrier which resists dirt pick up, growth of fungus, algae, mildew, dry rot, moss etc. Importantly, it prevents hydrolysis which decomposes the film due to water exposure.
- Vapour permeable : Though water resistant, this tough and flexible film permits transmission of water thus allowing the walls to breathe normally and thereby increasing its life.
- Easy to apply : Being single component coating, HB – 75 can be easily applied with rollers/trowel thus eliminating the need for skilled labour.
- Attractive and economical : Soft texture designs in a choice of selected shades make HB – 75 avery attractive option. And once applied, little or no maintenance is required. Hence, HB – 75 is economical, too.
Wire brush and clean all foreign matter such as dirt, dust, grease, laitence, mortar droppings, release agents, efflorescence and loose and flaking materials. Washing the surface with detergent and water would be an added advantage.
All large voids or hollow portions must be removed and replastered locally with Chemistik Polymer Modified Repair Plaster.
Larger cracks or non-moving cracks must be filled with our acrylic sealant Crackseal Caulking Compound. Hairline cracks will be covered with the high build up of the coating.
Existing coatings or paint finishes must be prepared as above and the surface should be primed.
Surfaces to be treated must be sound, firm, clean, dry and fully cured prior to application. For concrete, however, application should be done after 28 days of curing only.
Ambient temperature should not be below 5°C or above 50°C.
Application should not commence during inclement weather or when rain appears imminent.
HB - 75