Airtite (Air Entraining Agent)
Chemistik Airtite is a chloride free liquid admixture for mortars and concrete. Addition in suitable doses causes air to be incorporated in the form of minute bubbles in the concrete or mortar during mixing, usually to increase workability and resistance to freezing and thawing and disruptive action of deicing salts. A.E.A. when used in proper amounts increases the resistance of hardened concrete to freezing and thawing and normally at the same time improves the workability of fresh concrete. The entrained air makes the fresh concrete more cohesive andbleeding is also reduced.
METHOD OF MIXING/ DOSAGE
As a guideline 30 to 50 ml per bag of cement (by weight) should produce optimum of 4 – 7% air to be entrained in the mix in the form of millions of minute air bubbles. High doses of A.E.A. should be avoided as it usually reduces strength. But with proper cement content, size of aggregates proportion of mix and slump are maintained, the reduction in strength is partially or entirely off set by the resulting reduction in water-cement ratio.
However, actual mixes should be made to determine the dosage required after taking into consideration the above factors and the temperature and site conditions. Chemistik Airtite is added to gauging water.
Overdose of water will adversely affect the mix design. Normal curing of concrete must be done.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Ideal for use in cold climates or in extreme temperature variations.
- Reduces water ratio to the extent of 15 to 20%. Improves workability and compressive strength. Minimizes segregation and bleeding.
- Improves workability.
- Excellent resistance to freeze/thaw conditions.
- No honeycombing, hence, homogenous and monolithic texture is obtained.
- The capillary channels normally found in ordinary concrete are blocked by the minute bubbles formed and thus the concrete is more impermeable. Increased resistance to attack by slats, sulphate, slat water etc.
- Suitable for use in canal lining, mass concrete, roads, runways, terraces, walls, precast concrete, aqueducts, siphons, bridge decks etc. or neeru plasters.
- Ideal for lightweight concrete.
A.E.A. is normally used with all types of cement and lime concrete at equal slump. Air Entrained Concrete is considerably more workable and cohesive than plain concrete. Segregation and bleeding are reduced. For any unusual circumstances, our’technician will be glad to give recommendations.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Wash hands, tools etc. with water.
Available in 20, 200 litres.